10 THINGS MY LIFE HAS TAUGHT ME by Tim Freke, stand up Philosopher
- Life is like a dream and it’s possible to wake up. I call the experience of waking up ‘lucid living’, because it’s like lucid dreaming. When I am unconscious in the dream of life I take the miracle of existence for granted, but when I live lucidly I see the magic all around me.
- We are much more than we seem to be. In a dream at night I seem to be a particular person, but in reality I am much more than that – I am the dreamer. In the same way, right now, I appear to be a particular individual in the life-dream, but in reality I am much more than that – I am the primal awareness that is imagining the whole universe into existence.
- All is one. When I wake up I know myself to be the primal awareness that is dreaming itself to be everyone and everything. I see that, although we appear to be separate individuals in the life-dream, in reality we are all one awareness.
- Being one is loving all. When I see that I am one with all I experience an unconditional ‘big love’ for all.
- What I really want is to love being right now. I have an endless list of desires, but it’s only when I live lucidly and experience ‘big love’ that I feel truly fulfilled.
- I don’t need to reject the dream of separateness to wake up to oneness.Indeed I have found the opposite to be true. Waking up to oneness makes me want to celebrate separateness. It is the secret of truly enjoying the dream.
- Waking up is natural. I used to think that to wake up I needed to become a special ‘spiritual’ person, but actually I have found I just need to be myself and recognise what is, and has always been, my deeper nature.
- I’m free to wake up any time I want. All I need to do is pay close attention to that mysterious presence called ‘I’ that is witnessing this beautiful dream. And, like everything, the more I practise, the easier it becomes.
- Nobody’s perfect – especially not me. I used to think that to wake up I needed to become a ‘perfect person’, but actually I have found that I just need to learn to love myself as I am.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. I learned this one having to survive school with a name pronounced ‘freak’! I have found that the more I wake up the more I want us to laugh and play together.
Tim is the guy I want to bring over for a mystery experience week-end. I’ve spoken to some of you about this already.
One thought on “Lucid Living”
Hi, after reading this amazing post i am too
glad to share my know-how here with mates.